Saturday 7 July 2012

THE MYSTERY MYSELF


Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.






*Sometimes we hide from ourselves, like a sphinx under the bedcovers ... rustling to know that we exist, but hiding from ourselves, afraid of what we might discover if we emerge out into the light.


Perhaps it is only bedtime stories ... but myths, legends and fairy tales beckon us on a journey of self discovery ... to find out who we really are.
But when we hit a crossroads in our life, or have a midlife crisis, we are thrown back on ourselves and have to make major life decisions based on how well we know ourselves and the dreams we want to make come true.
In Greek, it is written as gnothi seauton and in Latin as nosce te ipsum.

                   
                    But for most of us, it might as well be written in Sanskrit, since few of us know how to do what Socrates and Apollo's Temple in Delphi advised ...


Know Thyself...
     


And still it seems the most difficult thing to achieve...


tomaszalenkoperapaintings8

Me…??!!




Me? Am I what I am?
Maybe yes, I know, though am I?
I am cramped in a world so small
Else I am the width of sky.



I am that sense of nothingness
That often comes our way
Wandering around I seek the light
I heard I am that light’s ray…



Night searches for me by
Illuminating its very stars
Born and died a hundred times
But still I haven’t won my war



Upon a petal as a dew drop
I am a world of colorful dreams
Tomorrow I may wither and die
 But today I am a gift’s gleam



I am envy, pain, voice of heart
Someone’s lost love am I…
I fell from a tree in forest of hopes
A flower of hope’s tree am I.



I stand for trouble, I make mischief
Still I have responsibilities of dears
I cry for only a part of myself
And I make a garland of tears



I am the suppressed fire of snow
I am the silent cry of poor
You can’t grasp me even if you tried
Now I was far now I am near…



I am a bottled up storm
A violent swift stream am I!
How do I say what’s my fire?
I’m limited to my writing;
A useless daydream am I…






                                                    
\--- kafir…/


Courtesy: Paurush Dube's shoes. 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         * ©2012 knowingthyself.

2 comments:

Contributors