Wednesday 20 June 2012

Hinc Illac Lacrimae



There are moments of fun, moments of joy, moments of laughter, moments to cry... and then there are moments when we are supposed to tell ourselves that no more we are entitled to them. That we never owned those very valuable seconds we thought belonged to us and were to stay with us forever.  That everything would be lost with that one person away from our sight... 

Those are the moments that hurt the most and leave behind scars. Scars which herald the beginning of a new story while still cherishing the memories of old.  

This poem is the upshot of a scar, though minor, cut through 6 years ago, April 2006. It was written for a friend, a good one, as we parted our ways. This was a parting gift, for I had neither money nor a good bye card... just words... and that's all I could give...

He fares well today. Though our talks gradually declined with time. But I can tell. Whenever he must read these words, he must remember our days, and those great times we had at Oak Grove.

The fragrance of childhood haunts all... hence those tears.




Hinc Illac Lacrimae...




Today, with all my love I write
A poem to you, my friend!
 My heart lies shattered in million pieces,
… Far impossible to mend…



They say words always find their place…
But now they sulk and drown.
Why does happiness so often
Instead of smiling, frowns?



Oh! Such a good friend you were,
And such good times we had.
I shared my thoughts, my dreams with you
And memories ---now leave me sad. 



But since the time has come to part,
We part our solemn ways…
Where I’ll be lost in darkened hues,
And you’ll have your cruel days…



Don’t mind these watery eyes of mine…
For ominous they may seem;
O friend, I cry to lessen this weight
Your absence now redeems…



Hence these tears,
Hence these tears…

1 comment:

Contributors