Tuesday 12 June 2012

My Own Defeat











It has been 18 months since I wrote this poem. It didn’t come out of the blue. It didn’t just happen. It was the outcome of self inflicted pain combined with a lot of realization. It was my will power being hammered back to its self again. It hurt… I cried. But that fire only purified me. By the time I had reached the last line, I knew… no one could conquer me.

It has been 18 months since I wrote this poem. Today, as I share it with you, the fire still burns bright within me. I hope the sparks can ignite your heart too…      





My Own Defeat…




Maybe O’ world you took my all,
But there’s still a beat…
Of all those things I found and lost
I still own my defeat.


Still I own that ache you left,
Deep within my heart…
These memories still stay fresh with me
With myself split apart…


And still I have my shame and shadows
In darkness left behind
I like it more than pride and valor
It’s getting on my mind…



I like these darkened hues around
I like my dreams of light
I’ll rise again O’ world, you’ll see
I’ll rise to win my fight!


  Behold O’ foolish fortune makers
Heed this silent speech
I’m the maker of my fate
You cannot conquer me.
  

                                                               - kafir…
 



4 comments:

  1. am always in luv wid ur pieces;ABIRAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you instill the deep emotional element in your work. You continue to inspire so many! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Arindam: always yours sir,,, always yours... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Urvashi : i certainly do hope so... i'm a revolutionist after all ;) :D :P

    ReplyDelete

Contributors